Monday, October 6, 2008

Why It's Scary

A lot of sites are quick to judge horror movies and science fiction and I hate reading reviews about these types of movies where the reviewer is trying hard to fit the movies into the same review structure that Academy Award films are reviewed. They'll review horror the same way they review things like "THere Will Be Blood", and I personally am tired of that.

On this blog I've tried to review things with my love for horror movies and science fiction in a different light than any other reviews, putting my personal experience in the spotlight as a backdrop to scary movies. However, I am going to take it a step further for you, my loyal 4 readers. (I seemed to have gained 1)

Each review will still have my trademark commentary but I will close (before I give my final recommendation of course) with "Why it's scary". I will try to give you my final reason for why the film is scary or horror related. I personally feel that all these films that I have reviewed have notions of horror and terror. I will try to rack my brain and talk about why something is scary in my own opinion. Sometimes, things are just so outlandish that we forget to peel away the theatrics and consider why things are somewhat scary. If they are not scary, I will try to talk about that too, and it is something that people that review these types of films don't really do on their own. So we'll see how it all works out.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment