Thursday, February 12, 2009

Horror News and Random Notes

There's some interesting talk going around the internet right now. Seriously, there is a lot of talk, and it's not just between me and myself and the third person I call "I". First and foremost behold the first poster for H2, which is Rob Zombie's second Halloween movie. I personally loved Rob Zombie's Halloween, but I seem to be in the minority of thinkers along those lines. H2 will hit theaters this summer around August 28th, which seems dumb to me. Oh well, it will be interesting to see how well it does.

H2 Poster

In regards to other horror news, this weekend is going to be huge. That's right, this weekend we will see the return of the Friday the 13th Franchise. This is the first time we see Jason come back since he fought Freddy in "Freddy vs. Jason" and the first time he's solo since Jason X. Say what you want about these films, I personally found them fun to watch. I will be going to see the new Friday the 13th movie this weekend as it is my birthday on Saturday, and will have a review for you on Monday sometime.

Big things are popping in regards to the new "A Nightmare on Elm Street" remake, with the announcement of a director.Samuel Bayer is the name being thrown around and maybe we should pay attention. Why? Because he was the director for Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Blind Melon's "No Rain", which were iconic in the 90's. I don't know if that makes this guy a good fit, but it would be interesting none the less.

For all of you that were hoping and praying for another Evil Dead movie with Bruce Campbell, his final answer is NO. That's right, recently in an interview he said there is nothing more to be had in that franchise and he will not return or film anything along those lines. Although, this can change, as things often do in Hollywood and horror news.

Ever wonder what happened to the other half of "Bill & Ted"? Well Preston Esquire is tapped to direct a 3D remake of "The Gate". Wooooa.....

That's it for this news post, I'll return tomorrow with more crap for you to read. For now, enjoy the site, as I'm working on more reviews for you guys.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

2 comments:

  1. Jorge,

    I'm with you on Rob Zombie's Halloween - I too love it and am looking forward to the sequel!

    [It is opening in the same slot as the 1st one - late August - I do not know why Dimension doesn't take on Lionsgate for the Halloween/late October slot - If anything is going to put a stop to the yearly Saw films, I would think that it would be Michael Myers!]

    As for Friday the 13th - I just finished watching/reviewing His Name Is Jason, and I am psyched for tomorrow! :-)

    Happy Birthday by the way - you definitely have a great way to celebrate it!

    As for a Nightmare on Elm Street - this is one that I am definitely not happy about! :-(
    Though I am excited about a 3-D re-make of The Gate! :-)

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I think you're the only one online that wished me a happy birthday. Thanks.

    You are also the only one that comments more than anyone else on this site.

    Thanks again.

    Also check out my other site: sirjorge.com/blogx for more movie review goodness.

    ReplyDelete