Monday, June 21, 2010

The Pet Review

The Pet
**Note*** The artwork above is all I could find of the film, if you click it you won't purchase anything, I didn't feel like photoshopping the words out...sorry.

I pride myself on watching all things horror, exploitation, and sci-fi, and I might be the only person that saw this piece of crap film. The Pet is a psuedo-horror, exploitation film that deals with a subject matter that I'm not too familiar with.

The story revolves around a woman in financial need that is seduced by a rich man, only to become his slave. It's a gradual progression, but eventually she becomes lost in the emotion and involvement of being a pet.

Now, this is not some sort of "sexual" pet thing, although there is some involved. The majority of the film is about the whole idea of being a pet for someone, and being in a cage, and being an animal. The rich guy then parades his new pet around and there apparently is an underground of people that keep women as pets.

The film at times seems to be warning the audience of what really happens in the world of "willing slaves", and even points towards the fact that there are websites that people can purchase "human cages" and other things to help them move forward.

This is one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. While some idiot said it was horror and scary, it really is only a poor attempt at being weird. I do not recommend this film unless you're absolutely curious about seeing a woman paraded around as a pet. Literally, a pet!

I can now say that I've seen it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment