Monday, October 4, 2010

Scream 3 Review

Scream poster

A new month, a new set of posts for me to whine to you, the unsuspecting audience. For those looking to be friendly, hit me up on aim: thecorporatehero, or email me with your comments and suggestions at sirjorge AT gmail dot com.

For those of you that have a few pennies, please utilize the amazon links on the site, I really need money, since I've still haven't landed a steady job...or any job for that matter. This economy (which I hate complaining about) has me eating lunch meat.

But that's not what we are here, we are here to once again talk about horror film. The latest of which I saw is none other than the 3rd installment of Scream. Scream 3 should've been amazing, and with a good overall premise, you'd think it would work out well. I for one, hate it.

THe plot of this film is another "film within a film" and we get a good amount of returning characters, Wes Craven directing, and lots of crazy murders. As they are "filming" yet another "Stab" sequel, hearkening back to the original, we get to catch up with all the characters that are still alive and how they are doing these days.

Visually, it's terrible. This is the worst looking of the series, the least suspenseful, and the one that is filled with the most annoying characters. If the purpose of the film was to annoy me, it has done that quite well. All the cliche's that abound in trilogies, horror films from the 1980's and just low budget crap is found here, only it's polished.

Sidney, Dewey, and Gale are all here, but not before Cotton gets a taste of of the killer, in a hilarious opening kill. This movie seriously sucks.

I won't even get into whether or not this film is scary, because it's not. It's so dumb. It's true, sequels usually suck compared to the originals, but man, this is just beyond terrible. Yes, it's watchable, and yes, it's part of the trilogy which will get a 4th film in the coming year, but other than nostalgia or curiosity, this film is NOT recommended. I can't believe I even sat through the whole thing, because after 2 Scream films, I just couldn't handle a 3rd one. I'm tired of Neve Campbell at this point. Scream 3 is the worst third film in a series...there I said it.

2 comments:

  1. What I don't like about the last two Scream films is that they try to connect the copy cat killer back to the orignial killers in the first film. I don' know, I think the idea of a copy cat killer is scarier than so and so's relative seeking revenge on Sidney because he's one of the few people she's killed over the past decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jervaise brooke hamsterOctober 13, 2010 at 5:48 AM

    I also want to sodomize Neve Campbell and unload another massive wad of spunk down her lushious young throat (once again, as she was in 1991 when she was 18, not as she is now obviously).

    ReplyDelete