Friday, December 31, 2010

End of the Month Death Toll December 2010 Edition

Wow, the end of 2010, and I don't feel any different. Before I give you a listing of the movies and posts I did this last month, I wanted to talk a little personal blog reflection.

Social Media

Scary Film review hasn't been on the cusp of changing media. In fact, I don't really subscribe to a lot of it, until today. I have recently started a twitter account for this blog. You can follow scary film review on twitter here. I don't expect to be on there often, as I do NOT own a smart phone or anything high technology.

I do not have a facebook page for this site, I do not have a myspace page. I honestly don't care too much about them. Maybe I'm old, maybe I'm dumb. The twitter page is enough for now, and I highly doubt anyone will care.

Reviews and More

In the coming year I will be updating the website 4 times a week, and sometimes 5 to 6 times a week depending on schedule. I've noticed that despite my constant reviews, updates, and all sorts of attempts to get traffic, I've failed. But I will still be bringing nonsense and reviews to the 4 readers I have.

Advertising, DVD Recommendations Etc.

This 2010 was the worst year for me in terms of ads, sales and more. Despite my attempts to try and get people to visit amazon.com and get the dvd's I review, I fail. NO ONE buys anything from the links. I've evaluated the linking strategy, I've tried adding buttons, taking down buttons, adding links, not adding links, adding trailers, and all sorts of attempts to raise money to move this site from blogger to it's own domain name, and have not been successful at all.

In 2011, the same thing will happen. I'll still have ads, I'll still try to sell dvd's, but I have no hope of doing so. I hope that in this new year I can finally land a job, any job. If not, I'm moving out of this piece of crap city and going somewhere else. I hate the city I live in, and me and the wife are getting sick of banging our heads against the wall in terms of finances, or lack there of. I love horror and still manage to find joy in writing reviews, despite the lackluster turn.

If you are reading this and find that you would like to purchase something, check out my posts, they have plenty of "red" links for you to utilize.

Top 5 Lists

I'm writing more top 5 lists. I don't know why, but I find that I like ranking a few of my favorite movies, television shows, and gifts. I will continue to do so in the new year.

That's about it for now in terms of this site. Keep commenting, even if it's only 4 readers, and please support this site by utilizing amazon online.

The Posts from December 2010 are below:

Top 10 Best Selling Horror DVD December 2010
Predator Review
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010 Review
Second Look: Sleepaway Camp 3 Review
Scary Film Review Holiday Wish List 2010
Friday The 13th Part 3 Review
Friday The 13th Part 2 Review
Top 5 CHRISTMAS Horror Movies
New Inline Ads
New Comment Policy Starting Today
Predators Review
Enter The Dark Review
The Taint Review
REWIND: The Complete Silent Night Deadly Night
Sodomatik Mixtape Review
End of the Month Deathtoll November 2010 Edition

If you want to see the archive of posts that I have done, you can click here to see all the Scary Film reviews done up to this point.

Support this blog by visiting the Scary Film Web Store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment