Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Devil In The Flesh Review

devil
First and foremost, Happy New Year from me and all the idiots that help me out on this blog. To kick off the New Year I decided to review a pseudo-horror film, that seems more like an after school special than a pure horror attraction. While there are elements of horror at times, the majority of this one features a weird mash up of adult themes, sexual violence, and serial killing. The movie I’m talking about is none other than, Devil in The Flesh.

The movie is touted as a straightforward thriller, but the acting is so bad, that I didn’t find it very scary, at first. The movie features a young Rose McGowan playing a scary teenager who just happens to move to a new town and has her eyes squarely on one of her teachers. She tries to become the object of his affection, but when she is spurned, turns into an evil witch of sorts. She goes on a path of destruction that starts with her brutally beating her grandmother to death with a cane, and then killing off a black mailing jock for good measure! The sequences of revenge and slaying are enough to make this somewhat interesting, but then there are a lot of odd moments that seem to serve no purpose than to titillate the male audience that is watching this movie.

There are several moments in the film that feature sex between a student and a teacher, then there are some moments that resemble fatal attraction, and of course the ill-fated “date” rape scene is just laughable. None of the situations are sexy in any way, and the music is laughable to say the least. The movie goes through several stages, and by act 3 I was ready to quit watching it. The only reason I kept going with the convoluted storyline, is the sheer fact that I was wondering if the main characters were going to die.

Devil in The Flesh has a cool cover, but the movie lacks a sense of purpose. This movie seems canned, and I swear I saw it already with Alicia Silverstone. I don’t recommend this film, but then again, I don’t recommend a whole lot these days, do I? For the first film of 2011, this is a sad sack of a movie. However, there are some cool moments, which will at least have you watching through Netflix streaming, rather than buying the dvd. Speaking of which, make sure you patronize our links. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. jervaise brooke hamsterJanuary 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM

    I want to bugger Rose McGowan (as the bird was in 1991 when the bird was 18, not as the bird is now obviously).

    ReplyDelete