Friday, August 14, 2015

Sharknado 2: The Second One Review

It was bound to happen. I was going to watch the second release from the Sharknado series, and I finally did. I was definitely not planning on it, but I managed to get through it. I thought the first one was ridiculous, but there were still moments that made sense. For the sequel, the guys at Asylum took the notion of sharks in a tornado and then threw all sorts of crap at it. What you get is one of the most intriguing and dare I say, stupid horror movies I’ve seen in a long time.

Just don’t even try to think about it. It’s best not to think about anything that is going on in this movie. It’s that insane. I was hoping for a shred of reality, or something that resembled ok acting, but nope, this thing is horrendously acted, but isn’t that the point?

Sharknado 2 starts with an airplane crash and within the first 15 minutes completely flies off all rails. You get hit with every trope you could imagine in the comedy, horror movie. There is gore, there is bad computer graphics, there are cameos from all over the map, and you are going to either love it or hate it.

I found myself questioning what I have done with my life, and how far this site has come. Is this a new low? Am I running out of things to watch and review?

I don’t know.

Sharknado 2: The Second One is by far one of the most gratuitously bad movies I’ve seen in a long time. But there was one thing that was constant through the whole thing, my laughter and enjoyment. They win, and they made a third one, so maybe it’s not all bad. If you need a good laugh, and want some gore thrown in, watch this one. It makes no sense, but it doesn’t have to, it’s a solid 2 hours of your life you’re not going to miss, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment