Monday, October 12, 2015

The Walking Dead Is Boring As All Hell

800 plus posts on this blog and I finally am hitting the wall of boredom. The Walk Dead had me thrilled for a few seasons. I even went to viewing parties at a local bar when I lived in Westchester, California. But yesterday, I was watching the season premiere of Season 6 and I realized that the last few seasons have been the most boring television I’ve watched in a long time.

I know boredom. I was bored out of my mind for 2 years while living in Moscow, Idaho. The Walking Dead, for the premise, is a great idea at first glance. But as we go through the episodes, the dynamic of horror and drama has started to lend itself to a stale piece of bread that really just doesn’t hold my attention. I sat through the majority of the episode and just wondered, “why”?

Why do I even care about the characters at this point?

When looking back at horror cinema, you get wrapped up in the story, the plot devices, and the characters. This show now gets me feeling as though I’m watching a soap opera. Some of the ideas, and the dialogue is non sense. Some of the actions are absolutely dumb. Plus the logic has been thrown out the window, to the point where I can’t shut my brain off.

Yes. I’ve shut down my brain many times to watch horror movies, but there are some tropes that I just can’t get away from. Specifically, the fact that there are zombies that are still alive and trying to find people to eat despite being herded like cattle. The notion of them being alive without starving, or a perpetual system of “zombie” behavior is just stupid to me.

Ok, I know, it’s just a show. Yes, but at this point the drama is like a deflated balloon. The story is the same. “Survival”, and what not. Yeah, well I don’t care any longer. Rick is going crazy, ok. The rest of the crew are helping him to survive and get to status quo, or safety, and what next? A villain rises, they fight back, they win, but not without death. Yeah, yeah, predictable tripe.

I’m tired of The Walking Dead. I’m tired of zombies for that matter. I don’t buy into the hype of The Walking Dead at this point. I throw in the towel. There’s just too much boredom on television for me to invest in yet another dumb season. In fact, I think I’m getting burned out on television as a whole. It’s a miserable existence.

I’d rather just not watch any more screens. Is that too much to ask? I’m sure I’ll have another 2 cents to throw on here in the near future, but for now, The Walking Dead is boring. I have no desire to watch it or to go along with the ridiculous premise that is being stretched extremely thin at this point. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t always look for logic, but some things just don’t make sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment